Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Glimpse of Rise of Oliria Book One **Chapter one:First Encounter with Death**

Chapter One
First Encounter with Death
    Courage can shape a new beginning; combined with determination you’ll can reach that alternate ending.”
-------Oliria year 2115 A. D. -----
       “Where is my wife!!?”  King Thomas moved rapidly through the halls with his six year old daughter clutched to his right arm. Several guards made way for the King whose wife had only minutes to spare. “Where is she?” he hissed with his blood boiling over, ready to attack anyone in sight. He traveled a few more steps and soon both he and princess Jinálie were in front of the cold door that led way to their sick loved one.
     When entering, they could see the fading woman with blood shot eyes, lying hopelessly in the hospital bed. The princess watched by the door after her father ran over to his wife.  Jinálie knew the pale woman was her mother only because the door had her name assigned. But this woman with tubes running into her nose was somehow a stranger in her eyes.
      The life-support machine whined, giving the room an irritating presence. Jinálie suspended her mind from reality as she approached the figure in the bed and reached out to her mother’s weakened hands. Those hands which once held her firmly when she took her first steps could now barely move.
     Princess Jinálie leaned over, forcing herself into the Queen’s line of vision. The Queen’s eyes opened and she looked into her daughter’s startled face. Jinálie couldn’t bear seeing the woman with the world’s most lively soul perish.
     A tear escaped from Jinálie’s eye and landed on her mother’s hand. The Queen looked at her daughter with intensity and said weakly, “Take my locket from my neck, it will guide you through life.” Jinálie shook her head while backing away from the bed and holding on to the edge of a table. The Queen saw the pain in her daughter’s eyes and signaled King Thomas to help take off the silver locket.  
      “Here take this,” the Queen murmured, “And promise me when you become Queen to trust both your heart and mind.”  
      Jinálie nodded meekly and went over to grab the locket. “I promise to make Oliria prosperous just don’t leave me!” Jinálie shouted with endless tears flying out her eyes.  At the strike of the tenth hour the Queen released Jinálie’s hand and said her final words, “Know that I love you and you will always be my Jinálie.”              

                    Soon the beeping of the machine was no more.



read more at
paperback


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't stop reading. I was hooked. My friend got my interested and I been thank her for it. I really enjoy your story line, your characters and your pacing. I look forward to more books in the series. You just picked up a new fan.

    -Douglas

    ReplyDelete